Women never seem to love their hair!
I have finally made peace with my crazy, gray curls. And thanks to this crazy mess, I’ve met some wonderful new people, all asking the same thing. “Is this your natural color?” or “Are those your natural curls? The answers are yes, for at least 20 years, and no, the curls came with the genes too! (lookout Christian Crouse, there may be a go gray early gene headed your way).
Thanks to my hairdresser, Ron, for inspiring me to embrace my curls and for his superb advice on how to care for them.
Here are a few tips from Ron that made the difference for me, hope it brings a little love to your curls!
- After washing your hair don’t wrap it up in a towel to dry, instead lightly pat it dry
- Put the right amount of hair product in and comb through
- Lift and fluff into ringlets with your fingers or just loosen the curls
- Lightly lift with hands or best with a rat-tail comb and diffuse on low air, high heat (a concave diffuser works best)
- Never scrunch with hands when hair is wet as it will make your hair frizzy
- Lightly mist with water and fluff with the diffuser the next day to reactivate the product
- Have a glass of wine and check out your awesome curls
Loving your hair makes a big difference. But, we are so much more than our hair. Don’t let your hair define you, but find the style or color that makes you feel good and embrace it! Your hair, and hairstyle, follow biological age not chronological age.
I saw this fun tee-shirt recently, “Sorry, I can’t hear you over the volume of my hair”. As you may know, in the south, we say, "the bigger the hair the closer to God!"
At a deeper level, beauty is really not a regimen or a hairstyle but a state of grace emanating from within. We are beautiful when we are healthy, happy, loving, high functioning, and vital.
Remember all curls are not created equal, so you have to keep trying products tiI you find what works for you. I ADORE Aquage Silkening Foam Oil when I want lose curls and Aquage Curl Defining Lotion when I want tighter curls.
Share any great products or tips that work for you in the comment section.
Spread The Love!