Every night after dinner I crave a little something sweet. This version of a Reese cup is a great treat, without the guilt. Stop by, there are always a few in my freezer.
They are easy to make, healthy and delicious! My "THREE MUSTS" for anything I make in the kitchen.
½ cup of coconut oil
½ cup of Raw organic cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
¼ cup of liquid sweetener (maple syrup, agave or stevia)
½ tsp of vanilla
¼ tsp of salt
Organic no sugar peanut butter
You've probably heard how good coconut oil is for you, but did you know this about cacao?
- 40 Times the Antioxidants of Blueberries.
- Highest Plant-Based Source of Iron.
- Full of Magnesium for a Healthy Heart & Brain.
- More Calcium Than Cow's Milk.
- A Natural Anti-Depressant.
- Melt the coconut oil
- Add cacao or cocoa powder and stir until no lumps
- Add sweetener
- Pour into mini muffin tin (I use paper mini muffin cups to line)
- Place a tsp. of peanut butter in each cup
- Roll to cover the peanut butter or top with leftover chocolate/coconut oil mix
- Freeze for 30 minutes (I keep in freezer)
Try substituting peanut butter with any nut butter like almond or cashew, or adding chia, hemp seeds, coconut or raisins for your own creation. A crowd pleaser anytime, but especially with holidays ahead!