Rarely do I eat food from a can, yet this healthy salad is an exception to the rule. It's as easy as 1-2-3 and oh so good!
- Take one can of garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained) and partially mash with a fork
- Add diced celery, green onions or relish and fresh herbs and spices
- Mix with a little vegan mayo or mustard
A few benefits of eating chick peas;
- Improve overall gut health by aiding the digestive system and preventing constipation.
- Excellent natural source of zinc and copper, essential minerals for the development and function of immune cells.
- Powerhouse fiber for cholesterol-lowering.
- Helps with weight-loss as they are loaded with fiber and protein, which helps increase satiety.
- Good source of iron.