Dancer (Sanskrit Natarajasana)
- Releases tension in the angle and foot, helping to prevent injury
- Develops a sense of balance and focus
- Opens the chest and lungs, creating more space for the breath
- Strengthens spine and entire leg
- Stretches thighs and shoulders
I was over weight growing up and never felt I had the body to be a dancer. But at 55, I’m more comfortable with my body and realize it doesn’t matter our age or body type we can all be dancers!
Bow (Sanskrit Dhanurasana)
- Stretches the entire front of the body, ankles, thighs and groins, abdomen, chest and throat, and deep hip flexors
- Strengthens the back muscles
- Improves posture
- Stimulates the organs of the abdomen and neck
It’s fun to take the same yoga pose and experience in a completely different way. I got out of my box this year and took my first acro yoga class. This supported bow was amazing and almost as much fun as sex!
Tree (Sanskrit Vrksasana)
- Strengthens thighs, calves, ankles, and spine
- Stretches the groins and inner thighs, chest and shoulders
- Improves sense of balance
- Relieves sciatica and reduces flat feet
I love getting photos from my friends and yoga students striking a pose for me when they travel!
I hope you give these poses a try and next time you travel, strike a pose, snap a photo and send to me at firstname.lastname@example.org