If you've had too much holiday cheer and the plethora of sweets that go with it, or if you are like me, you are craving something sweet, try this delicious raw healthy cheesecake I first enjoyed years ago - and still make all the time. This is a simple recipe and one even my non-vegan friends love to eat!
Ingredients for filling:
- 2/ 1/2 cups of raw cashews
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of plus 1 TBS of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of water (plus water for soaking cashews)
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1 tbs of vanilla extract
Ingredients for crust:
- 2 cups of your favorite nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans)
- 2 cups of soft pitted dates
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 pure vanilla extract
- up to 1 tbsp of water if needed
For the filling:
Cover the cashews with water and soak for 8 hours or over night. Drain and pat dry completely. Combine all ingredients for filling in a high-quality blender and process for several minutes until creamy.
For the crust:
Combine all ingredients except water in a food processor until fine crumbles form. If it is too dry then add a little water. Press the crust mixture into a glass pie pan.
Pour the cashew filling into the crust, cover and freeze for up to 2 weeks. Thaw 15-20 minutes before serving. Add fresh fruit, coconut or chocolate sauce on the top.
Hope you enjoy and wishing you the best holidays ever!